Nutritious and Nourishing Food
Fresh, nutritious meals are served daily at Mount Olivet Conference & Retreat Center. Food plays a large role in nurturing and sustaining us in mind, body, and spirit. We take great pride in nourishing our guests during their stay.
We offer full-meal service as well as a beverage and snack bar to visiting groups and individuals. Our kitchen has perfected Midwest comfort food with a healthy twist. Using ingredients from our on-site garden and locally-sourced foods whenever possible, each meal is delicious. Our chef sets the menu for each day so guests experience a variety of dishes and flavors during their stay.
Meals are served cafeteria or buffet style with an 8am breakfast, 12pm lunch, and 6pm dinner. Changes to meal times can be arranged in advance. Our beverage and snack bar, located in the dining room, is available to guests 24/7 and features fresh coffee, a selection of teas, lemonade, fruit, yogurt, trail mix and other snack items.
Our kitchen can accommodate special dietary requests, such as gluten-free, lactose-free, nut-free, vegetarian, and vegan, with advance notice. Special diets should be communicated to our staff at least two weeks prior to your visit. Please note we do not maintain a gluten-free, lactose-free, or nut-free kitchen environment.
Trillium Dining Room
Meals are served in the Trillium Dining Room, conveniently located in the same building as our meeting rooms, the Youngdahl Lodge. Since our campus welcomes multiple groups and individuals on a daily basis, meal times are communal gatherings. Groups eat meals together while sharing the space of our large dining room with other guests.
Wrapped with windows, the Trillium Dining Room offers guests expansive views of our grounds, which encourages mindful eating and relaxing conversation. Our mic’d bird feeder brings the sights and sounds of our beautiful winged friends to you while you eat inside.
Our chef sets the menu for each day so guests experience a variety of dishes and flavors during their stay. Some examples of what our chef and kitchen prepare daily:
- Spinach frittata (made with organic spinach, responsibly raised chicken eggs, and local Caves of Faribault cheese), Applewood smoked bacon, made from scratch breakfast potatoes, and fresh cut fruit.
- Garden scramble (made with vegetables from our garden and responsibly raised chicken eggs), made from scratch breakfast potatoes, locally sourced turkey sausage, and fresh cut fruit.
- Chicken pot pie featuring a creamy chicken and vegetable filling, made with a puff pastry, vegetables from our garden and free-range chicken. Served with a power green salad with house made salad dressing and a freshly baked dessert.
- Pulled turkey sandwich made with roasted, free-range turkey breast, featuring a delicious cheesy buttery flavor on a freshly baked Kaiser Roll. Served with organic marinated cucumber dill salad and a freshly baked dessert.
- Herb crusted pork loin with sweet and tangy blackberry gastrique sauce, served with savory roasted baby red potatoes, power green salad with house made salad dressing, seasonal vegetable from our garden, and freshly baked blueberry cheesecake made with blueberries from our garden.
- (GF/V) Stuffed butternut squash made with squash from our garden, wild rice, craisins, quinoa, roasted pumpkin seeds, and zucchini. Served with a power green salad with house made salad dressing and gluten-free apple crisp made with apples from our orchard.