Outdoor Mardi Gras Festival
Sunday, February 14, 2-5pm
Come visit Mount Olivet Conference & Retreat Center for our first (outdoor) Mardi Gras Festival! Feasting and fun for the whole family!
There will be multiple stations for you to visit:
- Make your own Mardi Gras mask while listening to zydeco music
- Learn about the history of Mardi Gras from your favorite Mount Olivet pastor
- Take a swing at a piñata and play other carnival games
- Collect colorful beads and pose for a photo at the photo booth
- Walk to our lighted cross to say a prayer and light a candle in preparation for Lent
- And then feast on delicious jambalaya and cornbread! Don’t forget dessert…will yours be the one with the Baby Jesus inside? If so, you win a prize!
You will register for a one-hour time slot for your arrival time. Please arrive at the retreat center within that hour.
Social distancing will be practiced throughout the afternoon. Masks are required indoors and recommended when outside.
$15 per person | $50 family max
Cost includes all activities and a meal of jambalaya, cornbread, bottled water, and a cupcake dessert.