Our site director and naturalist, Dan Kahl, holds degrees in horticulture and wildlife management and has graced Mount Olivet Conference & Retreat Center’s grounds with spectacular gardens for you to view and enjoy in their respective seasons.
Dan is also available for guided walks throughout our grounds or talks on a wide variety of topics related to nature, our campus and the environment.
Some of the topics you might enjoy include:
- Birds of Mount Olivet
- Brighten Up Your Yard: Attracting Orioles
- Bluebird Trails and Tales
- The March of the Monarch
- Frogs and Toads of Minnesota
- Landscaping for Wildlife
- Rainwater Gardening
- A Haven for Hummingbirds
- The Underwater World Secrets of the Beaver
- The Secret of Wildflowers