Our naturalist, Dan Kahl, holds degrees in horticulture and wildlife management and has graced Mount Olivet’s grounds with spectacular gardens for you to view and enjoy in their respective seasons.
Dan is also available for guided walks throughout our grounds or talks on a wide variety of topics related to nature, our campus and the environment.
Some of the topics you might enjoy include:
- Birds of Mount Olivet
- Brighten Up Your Yard: Attracting Orioles
- Bluebird Trails and Tales
- The March of the Monarch
- Frogs and Toads of Minnesota
- Landscaping for Wildlife
- Rainwater Gardening
- A Haven for Hummingbirds
- The Underwater World Secrets of the Beaver
- The Secret of Wildflowers